Lara Croft Tomb Raider Landrover
I think this Landrover is excellent. It is the Landrover driven by Lara Croft (Angelina Jolie) in the Tomb Raider film (movie). Some of it is just for show and not really for action. For example the sand ladders (which are only two thirds the width of normal sand ladders) are held on by 6 socket head cap screws requiring an allen key. The Land Rover is also about as secure as a Tomcat as it also does not have any door tops. Pity it is not driven by the 'real' (yes I know she is only a character in a computer game) Tomb Raider, Angelina Jolie.
I already have some the bits to make a Lara Croft Tomb Raider Landrover (remembering I don't have a Landrover Defender 110 Defender High Capacity Pickup as a base vehicle);
- Additional lights on the front, but on an A-bar not a bull bar.
- A V8 engine that makes a lovely noise.
- A roof rack and 4 more lights to mount on it.
- A set of BF Goodridge Mud Terrain Tires (Tyres). Thanks Nigel.
- Lots of chequer plate.
- Only two seats. I always remove the back seats from my Land Rovers and Range Rovers and leave them at my parents' house.
- Some aircraft style switches with flip up safety covers (but in yellow not red).
- A belt with a big buckle, black clothes (but no shorts) and black boots!
There are however some things on Lady Croft's motor that I won't be fitting;
- A roll cage. The Tomcat will be the serious off-road vehicle.
- I don't like mobile phones, so I won't be fitting a hands free kit.
- Winches front and rear. The Tomcat will be the serious off-road vehicle.
- A custom made aluminium dashboard. However I may add some more chequerplate to the interior of the Landrover if I can tolerate removing some of the soundproofing rubber sheets that currently cover the transmission cover and floor. I will be lining the back with plywood or chipboard as it is warmer to sleep on.
- If I need some travel cases, they will probably be army surplus ammo boxes, not aluminium or custom made (American) chequerplate boxes. I may even splash out on some plastic (ABS etc) travel cases.
- I am still thinking about the sand ladders.
You will have to revisit AdriansTomcat.co.uk to see what I actually do fit, time and funds permitting!
Real or Fake?
There is some doubt about whether the Landrover above is actually the one driven by Lara Croft (Angelina Jolie) in the film. However the one shown below, that is in the Motor Heritage Museum in Birmingham, England, is genuine. Note, the photographs below, supplied by Adrian Crozier, are slightly larger (at 1280 x 960 pixels) than those I normally publish, so will take slightly longer to load. Thank you Adrian for the photos and info.
More pictures of the (new / fake?) Tomb Raider Landrover can be found on Page 2.
I have turned the best two pictures I took into desktop wallpaper. If you would like a picture of Lara Croft's Land Rover as your desktop wallpaper, choose the most appropriate size for your screen. The 1024 x 768 wallpaper will also work with screens of 800 x 600 or 640 x 480.
Limited Edition Tomb Raider Landrover
I will need my own Triangle of Light / All Seeing Eye symbol. This was the symbol of the film, but was not on the original Tomb Raider Landrover in the film. There was a Landrover Special Vehicle badge in the position by the bottom hinge. The Tomb Raider badge does appear on the limited edition Tomb Raider Landrovers sold to members of the public.
Off Road Racers
Other Donor Vehicles